Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"About" Me


I suppose I should let the World Wide Web know a little bit about myself so that you can get a sense of who you’re reading about. I’ll start with my blog title itself. The idea for “Life as I Pretend to Know It” came from on of my nursing clinical instructors my senior semester… we all may wish we knew everything there is to know about everything, but lets face it, we don’t. Her saying was that we should just “fake it ‘till we make it.” Not meaning we should pretend to be more knowledgeable than we actually are, but that if we “pretend” to be confident in ourselves, we will learn to actually be confident and, in the long run, be able to do and learn more things. So obviously I don’t know everything there is to living life, etcetera, but I can pretend like I do, and maybe that will help me to do it right. Mostly.

Now on to more important things: Yours Truly. I could start with I’m a 22 year old LPN living in blah blah blah, but that’s the easy stuff. Who am I really? I guess the answer to that is “I don’t really know.” But, hey, that’s what this journey is all about, right? Figuring out who we are and becoming the person we want to be. And you get to join me, yay! But in all seriousness, I am 22. I did recently become a Licensed Practical Nurse (more on that LONG journey later). I just moved to the “big city” and got my very own apartment. I am very much in love with a special someone. I have an amazing family. I have two children… a chihuahua named Piper and a cat named Stevie (she’s a girl, named for Stevie Nicks, the singer) and I miss them dearly, as they are living with my mother for the time being. I like to read, write, cook, bake, draw, exercise, make things, build things, etc… that doesn’t necessarily mean I’m any good at all of those things, but that’s okay because I still enjoy doing them.

So hopefully you, my reader, now know a little more “about” me and who I am! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are a few to help you get to know me a little better.



Me and D at a luau party last summer.

 Piper, my chihuahua.

 Stevie, my first born when she was just a baby and didn't know what good beer was yet.

 Me and my handsome little brother after one of his baseball games, about two years ago.

My wonderful parents and myself, after my pinning ceremony this summer.

3 comments:

Autumn @ The Unreal Life said...

Newest follower =) I think we're both in a similar spot trying to figure out this big old thing called life. Excited to keep up with your story!

Anonymous said...

Newest Follower! Found you through Robin's I can't Believe Link Up!!! Excited to have found you and follow you through your story! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, new follower. How do you pronounce your name? It is Kal-En or Kay-Lynn? Cos It's almost the same spelling as mine, Kailyn, and mine is pronounced Kay-Lynn. I just wanna know if we're twinsies, haha.