Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Up in the gym....

....just workin' on my fitness!

The last couple of weeks, I've started going to the gym my apartment complex has for residents and let me tell you, I have been feeling great! No, the weight isn't falling off and I'm not wearing my clothes from high school; honestly, there hasn't been much of a change in my body that I've even noticed. The change that I see and feel is with my self. I feel more energized throughout the day, I'm in a general better mood, and I also feel good ABOUT myself... I guess you could say I'm proud of my self for getting up and moving! Now don't worry, this isn't going to turn in to a weight loss, diet, exercise, hard core blog... I just wanted to share one of the best decisions I've made.

My first gym experience was going to D's gym and just running on the treadmill/elliptical/bike for the whole hour and half we were there (while he pumped iron and did other man things) and let me tell you, it was BOR-ING! I quickly decided that the gym was NOT for me and I didn't want to go back. But, I did. And I still hated it. Then shortly after, he suggested that I just go to my own gym and do my own thing and now I do and I love it! So here is what a typical workout for me looks like:

10 minutes of cardio
Dumbbell workouts (the "man things" I was talking about earlier haha) in the following order: Chest, Legs, Back, Arms, Legs, Back, Abs, Legs, Arms, Abs
I'm not going to list the individual dumbbell workouts I do, because there are so many and I do different ones every day, but they are always in that order. If you are interested though, you can pretty much just google "dumbbell workouts for arms" or whatever body part you're trying to work out.

So anyway, this is still the beginning of my little workout/weight loss/feel better/be healthier journey that I'm on, but so far, I'm loving it. I really think I'm going to stick with it and eventually be completely content with the way I look and feel!


Now.... since I'm not at my apartment today and the gym isn't available, and since I took the day off yesterday (Labor Day) and these new shoes look just a little too unused, I think I'm going to go for a little run in the rain so TTFN!