Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Pie and other things

Technically, Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, but mine is already over. It was tough leaving my hometown, knowing that my parents and the rest of my family still had Thanksgiving to celebrate, but that is part of being a nurse: my patients don't get off days from being sick. Yesterday was a fun filled day of cooking, cleaning, stuffing my face, and having a wonderful day with great people.

I think my favorite things to make are the desserts. I love watching people enjoy eating the yummy finishing touches to a meal. I don't even eat most of the desserts I make.
This pecan pie was my crown jewel of the night. All from scratch.

The Vaughan women.

My favorite picture from the day!

All in all, I had a good "Thanksgiving" and I'll have a good one tomorrow too, knowing that I'll be providing care for people that need it. I may even bring some goodies to work :). I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, mouth stuffing, button popping, turkey eating Thanksgiving! TTFN



No comments: