Thursday, February 28, 2013

Not-cookie cookies

You guys may or may not know that I am a little obsessed with activities in the kitchen: baking, sautéing, boiling, broiling, slicing, dicing, mixing, stirring, and any other kind of cooking you can think of. But you probably don't know that because I never blog about it. Wanna know why? I hate taking pictures of food. And what's a good blog post without pictures. Truth is, I feel kinda silly. Especially since Derek loves to be like "Why the eff are you taking pictures of your cereal?" and make me feel all awkward (but that's because he doesn't understand blog life). Also it really gets me out of my groove to stop what I'm doing and take pictures to show each step.

BUT.

This day was different. There was no one in the kitchen to judge me for taking pictures of peanut butter on a spoon and I had all the time in the world to finish what I was doing. So I present to you:


These "cookies" aren't you're typical cookie, no sir-ee bob. That's because their good for you. That's right a cookie that is healthy and you don't have to feel guilty about eating one or five. I got inspired for this recipe here, here, and here. But I tweaked and combined them all until I got something to my liking. This is what you'll need:

Bananas
Nut butter (peanut, almond, etc. whatever you prefer)
Honey
Cinnamon
Oats or oatmeal
Whole wheat flour (or the regular kind, its okay)
Dried fruit, chocolate chips, peanuts or any other kind of crunchy yummy toppings you like

Firstly I would like to disclaim that I don't use measurements when I'm experimenting. I just go with the flow, taste testing along the way. So here we go.

Get ya some nanners like this one.
I used two large bananas for this recipe.

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to have this sticker on your nanner
I may or may not have worn this the whole time I made these.

 When you're done taking pictures of yourself, mash the bananas.
 Its kinda harder than it looks..

After you get your nanners mashed up, you want to add about three heaping spoonfuls of peanut butter.
Heaping

Get it all mixed together and then add the flour. I used a little over 1/2 a cup.

After adding the flour, add oats, honey, cinnamon, fruit, or whatever else you want to sweeten these babies with.
At this point it will look a lot like baby food. That's okay.

Now you plop down tablespoon size size dollops.


And cook on 350 for about 15 minutes

 Then enjoy!

Now these cookies aren't going to be the same texture of regular cookies since they obviously aren't made with the same types of ingredients. But they sure are yummy. I've been eating them for breakfast the past few days, and they're really good for when you're in a hurry and don't have time for cooking.



**I apologize for poor picture quality due to the fact I shot these with my phone and I was also more worried about taste testing 





No comments: