Sunday, February 3, 2013

Screen Actors Guild Awards

Last Sunday was the SAG awards, and I was actually working late. But since there's literally 687624398 TV's all over the place, I was able to catch a few tidbits throughout the show. And on my next off days, I caught up on all of the red carpet hits and misses. Firstly I was so excited that Anne Hathaway won Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Les Miserables. She definitely deserved it. Aaaand that my home girl Jennifer Lawrence won Best Actress for Silver Linings Playbook (which I haven't seen yet) but I know she gets to make out with BCoop so I bet that was a plus.


BEST DRESSED
Anne Hathaway in a beaded tulle gown by Giambattista Valli.
A lot of people are listing Anne Hathaway on their "worst dressed" list but I loved this gown. Its so fun and different. Plus she is rockin' the pixie hair. Her makeup is fab with the bold red lip and the shoes and clutch aren't too much.

[via]
Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen
I luuurrved this dress. The color. The cut. The train. All of it is fabby fab. As is Amanda. She looks so polished with the smokey eye makeup and side swept wavy hair. I'm not too sure about the pendant necklace, I may have chosen pearls. All in all though, she rocked it.

[via]
Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta
I was so excited that Tina Fey won Best Actress in a TV Comedy. She's so hilarious and down to earth. She may or may not be my role model. And this dress was an excellent choice. I always (usually) love black gowns, and this one didn't disappoint. The neck line was great and I love that she went with a bold belt instead of necklace. She's full of secrets, that's why her hair is so big.

[via]
Viola Davis in  Monique Lhuillier
Viola was looking spectacular in this one shouldered gown with a sexy slit. The color looked amazing on her dark skin and the silver accessories went perfectly with it. 


WORST DRESSED
[via]
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior 
Despite the fact that Jennifer Lawrence is my #1 girl crush at the moment, this dress was a disaster. Literally. The seams ripped and she showed a little of her "silver lining" on her way to accept her award. It looks similar to a makeshift toga I wrapped around myself my freshman year of college. Maybe if it would have been one long sheath instead of having layers.  


[via]
Lea Michele in Valentino.
Maybe its because I don't like pink. Or ombre hair. Even though her her ombre really looks like bleach-dipped tips. But this ensemble is just all wrong. Like prom gone bad. And her hair looks like she barely ran a straightener through it. Sorry not sorry.


[via]
Jamie Alexander in Marc Bauwer
Granted Miss Alexander has the body to pull this "look" off, I don't like it. The plunging neck line is ok but what's with that weirdly placed strip of fabric under her neck? And how the gown is fitted until just above her knees? Just all wrong.


[via]
Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza.
Don't get me wrong I love Kaley in the Big Bang Theory. And I think bold red dresses can have the capability to be fabulous. Not this one. This ankle length lace dress with velvet pumps is just. all. wrong. The length, the lace, her hair Just no.

Did you watch the SAG awards? Were you happy with who won? Who were your best and worst dressed?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

michael kors handbags
true religion outlet store
ray ban sunglasses
cheap oakley sunglasses
jacksonville jaguars jersey
nike outlet store
kate spade outlet
kansas city chiefs jerseys
denver broncos jerseys
jordan 4

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.9
christian louboutin shoes
nike air max 95
coach factory outlet
jordan shoes
uggs outlet
true religion outlet store
hermes belts
moncler outlet
off white
football soldes

jeje said...

xiajinyi
Pour la durée soldes adidas adizero boston du Championnat NBA 2009-2010, Rondo était le principal asics gel lyte beige gris participant à porter Hyperfuse. Acquérir toujours voulu vérifier air nike tn l'Ouest, il reste New Jersey et a asics gel lyte 5 diamond supply commencé un voyage à travers l'ouest des États-Unis. asics gel homme running Le 1219C2 a ensuite été recouvert asics gel noosa tri 9 forum d'un fini mat phosphate non réfléchissant pour réduire l'éblouissement. air jordan 3 retro femme rose