Monday, March 18, 2013

Green Shenanigans

Happy Monday, everyone! I know most of you are going to work but not me! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Here's how my weekend went down:

Friday started off great with a nice 12 hour shift at work. And ended great with PJ's, zombie killings, and snuggles with Derek.

Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day so we decided to take the boat out on the river and do a little fishing. And by fishing I mean reading while basking in the glorious 78 degree sunshine, while Derek fished. Not to say I didn't wet a few lines, but ever since I was little I never enjoyed fishing like the rest of my family unless it was shore fishing, but that's another story.



It was such a gorgeous day. At the end of the day, we didn't catch any fish but had a great time cruising the river, turtle watching, and sitting on the shoreline just enjoying the day with each other.

 
That night we went to our friend's house to help celebrate his birthday, then to our usual hole in the wall bar where I had my very first green beer. I was smart enough to drink it through a straw and lucky enough not to end up with green teeth at the end of the night. We ended the night pretty early, but it was still fun.

Sunday we spent the day unloading my whole apartment from Derek's enclosed trailer to the loft of his barn (where it will stay until we have a permanent home), cleaning out my car, and helping fix a lawn mower.


 
I finished Silver Linings Playbook, which was so good (look for a post this week) and now, I can finally watch the movie. We finished the weekend grilling hamburgers and sitting around a fire with some good friends.

Definitely not the wildest St. Patrick's Day I've had, but still a darn good weekend if you ask me.

As usual, I'm linking up with the fantabulous Sami for Weekend Shenanigans and Sarah from Life of Love for "This weekend I..."
 
Also.... I am linking up with Northern Belle Diaries for a fun Bloglovin' link up. Can't wait to meet new blog friends!
Be sure to follow me on Bloglovin' if you aren't already! TTFN


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I haven't seen SLP or read the book, and I'm wondering which I should do first...

Kalyn P said...

READ THE BOOK! I may be a little biased, because I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is so good. It's less than 300 pages and I finished in less than two days. DO IT.

Kayla said...

I SO want to read "Silver Linings Playbook" and am waiting to watch the movie! What type of boat where you in? We fish out of our canoe.

Kayla

Kalyn P said...

We have a small aluminum boat that we use for fishing. I've never fished out of a canoe before!