Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Recurring dream

Does anyone else love John Lennon?

Recently, I have been having the same dream, or a similar version of the same dream, over and over. When I say over and over I mean like three times. But it is still strange, since I've never had the same dream before. Yeah, I've had similar dreams, that make me feel the same emotions, but never recurring ones. Usually my dreams are pretty far-fetched and weird and rarely scary. The only "bad dreams" I have are ones where I lose a family member/close friend (don't ask me why I dream those things). Here is a rough outline of my dream:

I am driving home from work, around 8 pm, its dark and I'm on a two lane highway. All of a sudden I drive up on a car accident. A bad one. There are people that need my help, people that could die. It is up to me and only me to save them because I call 911 but they say all of the ambulances are busy. I am frantically running around, making tourniquets out of shirts and pumping chests. Finally the ambulance arrives and the EMTs are thanking me for my help. I get in my car and drive home.

Then I wake up.

There are a few differences each time, such as what part of the road I'm on, and how many people there are to save. Once it was a mother and son. Once it was an old man. But basically every time it's the same scenario. Pretty weird, right? So of course I got curious and decided to ask my good friend Google what all of this meant. Here's what I came up with:

(these were the closest comparisons I could find here)

Wreck
To see a wreck in your dream represents obstacles and barriers toward your goals. You feel that you are being held back or that you are not making any progress.


Hero
To dream that you are a hero signifies your inner strengths and weaknesses. The dream refers to your ability, determination and level of confidence. You have the power to bravely face the secrets of your subconscious and confront life's challenges.


Rescue
To dream that you are being rescued or rescue others represents an aspect of yourself that has been neglected or ignored. You are trying to find a way to express this neglected part of yourself. Alternatively, it symbolizes an subconscious cry for help. Perhaps you are too proud in your waking life to ask for assistance.                                         


Some pretty interesting stuff if you ask me. Some of it I think I can relate to, some of it not so much. For example, I don't feel like I'm being held back or that I can't make any progress. On the contrary, I feel like I'm about to take a BIG step forward with my life and I have all of the love and support I can ask for.

Do you ever have recurring dreams? Do you remember your dreams or forget them as soon as you wake up?

Linking up with Lisette.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I have the WORST dreams ever. Nightmares actually. They usually involve 1 or all of these: vomiting, hiding from a monster/intruder in my own home and having people yell at me. I wrote a post about it last month, actually. It's bizarre! But I love looking up what my dreams mean, too, so at least it gives me something to do when I'm bored.

Anonymous said...

I can never remember my dreams. But I'm posting tomorrow about a dream I DO remember. Haha. No where near as admirable as yours though.

Morgan said...

Oh girl that dream sounds stressful! I'm just glad I wasn't in it being stressed with you! ;)

A Life Less Traveled said...

Back when I was in college I had the same recurring dream at the end of every semester. It was that I had a class on my schedule that I completely forgot about and now I was going to fail the class. I always woke up in a panic. I like that you went through the steps to analyze the dream, interesting stuff.

chenmeinv0 said...

nike air max
oakley sunglasses
air jordans
ed hardy
moncler jackets
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors tote bag
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet
uggs pas cher
hzx20170210

jeje said...

xiajinyi
Pour plus d'informations Adidas Zx Flux Pour Homme Pas Cher visitez notre site à. Surtout, le rapport de la hauteur au diamètre avec adidas zx flux w chaussures pas cher les colonnes est de 7: 1, et cette dimension crée air jordan eclipse rouge pas cher une élégance et un raffinement rencontrés dans le normal 9: air jordan basketball ball price 1 ou 10: 1 des bâtiments ioniques. Lorsque l'entreprise a Air Jordan 4 Chaussures commencé, ils utilisaient le bleu marine et le noir comme asics gel lyte 3 homme avis deux couleurs principales pour les combinaisons de travail, simplement parce que nike air max 1 w chaussures blanc gris les couleurs plus sombres masquaient mieux la saleté que les couleurs plus basket nike air trainer huarache low claires.