Wednesday, April 3, 2013

That one time my life couldn't get any better

I can't believe I'm 23. I know 23 isn't old, and I'm not trying to say it is. It's just hard for me to believe that it's already been a year since my last birthday, since it seems like yesterday. This time last year, Derek was taking me on our first date. We talked for hours, and I'm pretty sure that's when I fell in love with him. My favorite thing about birthdays is all of the love I feel. From family. From friends. From co-workers. From fellow bloggers. It truly melts my heart to know how many people love and care about me. Here's a few pictures from my second birthday celebration:

Out to eat at our favorite wing place! The staff sang "Happy Birthday, Haley." Close enough, right? And I just can't get over how ecstatic Derek looks. You would think it was his birthday with all that excitement.
 
After dinner we headed home for on of my favorite things. Cheesecake. Man was it good.
(Apologies for the cell phone quality)
 
Another angle.
 
"Okay babe that's enough pictures."
 
The last picture of the cheesecake alive. We pretty much demolished it.
 
I still can't believe I'm going back to school. I am so excited to be going back with most of my classmates from my LPN class, including Morgan. Between carpooling, studying, classes, and clinical, we were probably together more than her and her husband (not really). But we became very close and I can't wait to take this journey with her again. Even if we won't be carpooling this time. I am so glad and proud of myself for taking this opportunity to better myself and further my career. I just can't wait to see what kind of doors God will open for me along the way!
 
Linked up with Robin and Shanna. Cheers to hump day and being half way to the weekend!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Your birthday dress is very cute! I'll be 23 in October! Congrats on going back to school too :)

Postcards from Rachel said...

I hope you had a great birthday! New follower via Northern Belle Diaries. I must say, your blog design and buttons are beautiful!!!!

Candice @ Just Stay Lovely said...

yay happy belated birthday! Just came across your blog :) following now! :)

Unknown said...

falcons jersey
bape hoodie
true religion jeans
basketball shoes
hermes belt
nike flyknit racer
links of london
pandora charms
jordan shoes
yeezy shoes