Thursday, June 27, 2013

A proposal story

I had a completely different post planned out for today but I have something to tell you all that completely trumps anything I even thought of posting:

 
I got proposed to last night!!!!!! OMahgaaaaah. Okay so not really. Confused? Here's what went down: Derek and I are sitting on his bed discussing engagement and marriage and other things like that. And we got on the topic of proposals, and I talked about how I was just going to say "finally!" when he finally does pop the question. Then I went on to say that I would actually be a big blubbering baby and would burst into tears the moment he got down on one knee. I know this is true because I get teary eyed just talking/thinking about it (yes, I am nothing short of a sap).
 
So what does he do? He leans over to his bedside table and starts rummaging around in the drawer and.... I am freaking out. Like is this for real? I'm saying things like "What are you doing right now?" and "Are you kidding me?" and "I know you're just messing with me right now" and "You better not be freaking serious!." (I know I'm like the most romantic person ever, right?)
 
After about a full minute of me freaking out on him, Derek finally says "Kalyn. Will you make me the happiest person in the world?" (or something like that) (its true, you really don't remember anything they say) and I'm trying not to cry and then he opens up the box.... and ITS HIS CLASS RING. He is literally dying laughing at me saying something along the lines of "You should have seen your face!" Yeah well buddy you should see your face after I'm done punching it.
 
Thirty minutes later he is still laughing at me and I am still seething mad about it. I told him now he's ruined any chance of me believing him when he actually does ask me for realz and he says it's okay, that was his plan all along.
 
I'm not actually engaged, guys.

Do you have a humorous (real or fake) engagement story? Do share!
 

 photo signurature_zpsfdb16b28.png
 

25 comments:

Jackie said...

I am single and have never been proposed to. HOWEVER- I would have swiftly punched him if I were you...maybe a few times. Not fair. haha.

Tami said...

Omg I would have for real punched him in the face. Seriously! You totally got me though. I had a little bit of a freak out for you.

Jenni@FlyingOnARainbow said...

That's SO mean! We had a few jokey proposals, we got "jelly engaged" a few times with rings out of packets of Haribo. Maybe that's why, when he did do it for real, the first words out of my mouth were "are you joking?"!!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness that's hateful...I would have been livid!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh....I would punch him so hard!

Anonymous said...

I am almost crying because I'm upset. That's horrible! I would have punched him! Lol.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I'd be mad pissed. Mad pissed. Don't f with my emotions!

j whitney nic said...

You got punk'd but not funny at all!

He better do it big the real time!

Alex[andra] said...

Oh man, I totally thought you were for real at first! I'd be so pissed!

I told Andrew that I've always wanted to be proposed to in front of a waterfall (I have no idea why). So, now every time we're in front of a waterfall, he gets down on one knee and "proposes." I definitely wont believe him when the time comes. Which I'm sure wont be for a WHILE!

Rachel said...

I would have punched him in the face! haha I mean I'm sure that's just his sense of humor, but COME ON DUDE!

Cotton and Boots said...

I was sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time I read your "proposal"! Typical men thinking they're funny - not. BAH!

Kayla0687 said...

I could teach you some mad throat chopping skills... works for me every time... and he so would have be throat chopped at that very moment. :)

Kaeley said...

Oh my gosh...I was all excited, and then - bam! This is pretty funny, though.

Lisa @ Naptime Chai said...

Ohhhhhh that is not OK. Not OK at all!

thefussybritches said...

Ahhh...I would have cried. I'm pretty sure my husband would think that this is hilarious. It is sort of funny, but it will be a lot funnier after he proposes. He better now that he pulled this on you!! Really it would have been brilliant if he gave you a real ring right after!

Jessica @ City Sequins said...

OH MY I would have absolutely killed him! So mean!!!

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

AWWWWW!!! Totally crying in Panera right now. Congrats!! What a cute story :)

Jay T said...

THAT IS SO MEAN!
And also completely hilarious but still, SO MEAN. (I hope he's at least letting you keep the class ring)

brooke lyn said...

bahaha classic! although from the sound of it, sounds just like 'you two' it also reminds me of the office, when jim keeps faking pam out. like he gets down on one knee and then ties his shoe instead. butttt more importantly CONGRATS

Morgan said...

When I first read this I was all "Oh no she didn't, I can't believe I had to find out on her blog" but then I was like "Oh no he didn't, how mean! Sounds just like Jerett!" haha I'm sorry he tricked you, but I can't wait for him to FINALLY ask you either!

Britt said...

OMG!
That is so mean!
I would've been slightly devastated. And I would've made that a particularly forceful punch.

oneand20.blogspot.com

Meighan said...

SERIOUSLY?!?!?! man.

Brittany said...

Awww pretty sure I would have freaked out on my bf if he did that!

Mary said...

hahaha wow! OK this is funny, but that's one of those things that are funny later and definitely not at the time! I would have smacked him!

PS whose ring is that in your photo?

Unknown said...

I would not be very happy at all. I'm surprised you're talking to him!