Thursday, June 20, 2013

How to get under my skin

Yesterday, Tami wrote about some things that make her blood boil. So I decided to be a total copy cat and tell you all how to get on my bad side real quick like.

In addition to slow walkers, bad sandwich makers, road construction, and repeat story tellers, here are some things that make me want to pull my hair out.

ONE: When someone doesn't use their blinker.
Seriously I think this (and slow drivers) is the number one cause of my road rage. It's literally so easy to just reach down... and flip the little lever that says "hey bud, I'm about to make a turn." And then, you don't even have to turn it off, it does it for you! If you are a passenger in my car, be forewarned there may be cursing, horn honking, and/or yelling while throwing my hands in the air at the other driver.
 
TWO: Bad parking jobs.
This was taken yesterday in my parking lot at work.
When I lived at my apartment complex, my neighbors would constantly park behind my garage and I would either have to try to squeeze by their car or go tell them to move. You would think after the first time of being woken up at 5 a.m. they would have learned their lesson.
 
THREE: People that borrow something of mine and don't return it.
My freshman year of college I let someone borrow my first and second Twilight book (don't you dare judge me) and they never gave it back. I'm still bitter about it even though I have no desire to read those books ever again. THEY'RE MY BOOKS. A loan is something you have to pay back or return. And talk about awkward when you see the person that borrowed something from you. "Hey... um remember when you borrowed my shirt last month? I kinda need that back."
 
FOUR: Hunger.
Ever heard of being hangry? Yeah that's me. If we're together and I casually mention I'm hungry, I'm actually saying we must eat now. If I don't get some kind of food in my system within a very short period of time, 1) I'm not going to quit talking about food until I get some and 2) I'm going to be in a really bad mood. Really, its a problem. Do they have hanger managment classes yet?
 
Some other things that really get under my skin:
not saying thank you
a fly that won't leave me alone when I'm laying out
people that think they're better than me
when someone drums their fingers/taps their foot
inconveniently located bathrooms
rude cashiers/waitresses/sales associates
 
What gets under your skin?

 photo signurature_zpsfdb16b28.png

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Ugh. I think Connecticut is the land of "no blinker" and it DRIVES ME NUTS. I am not an a-hole driver but I am NOT going to let you in because you just decided to get into my lane. if you had put your blinker in, I would've been nicer and backed off a little.

And that person who parked like that should get a ticket for being dumb...how do you NOT realize you parked so poorly...

Tami said...

YES to all of these! I can pretty much name off every single person who has borrowed a thing of mine and not returned it. GRUDGE = ACTIVATED

Laura-Hyde said...

I did a post like this only last week: http://laura-hyde.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/my-pet-peeves.html Seems many of us are getting pissed off lately, lol. x

Rachel said...

People who don't use their blinker are the worst! Or just bad drivers in general. I get serious road rage and it scares my boyfriend haha!

Alex[andra] said...

My boyfriend would drive you crazy. He inadvertently taps his foot all the time? Why? Because he shakes his leg. CONSTANTLY! Drives me insane! I can't sit next to him when we go out to eat because his leg shaking drives me bonkers and I can't eat. Ugh. Also, being hungry drives me crazy too.

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I freaking hate when I have to contact someone and say, "Do you still have my books?" I hate loaning them out for that reason.

Erin said...

These are always my favorite posts ever. I've done way too many of these.

I think I could every single one of these to my lists. And the hunger one makes me die laughing. So true.

brooke lyn said...

oh man i get real hangry!!!! sign me up for the hanger management classes if you find one!

A Life Less Traveled said...

I hate the eternal turn signal, are you turning or what? My husband knows that if I get hangry its going to be ugly lol.

Brittany said...

People borrowing things and not returning them? The worst!! I hate borrowing my stuff because of this

the Florkens said...

I'm a "hangry" person for sure. My fiancé learned early in our relationship that when I say I'm hungry, he should feed me NOW! Problem though -- when I get "hungry" I shut down and have NO clue what I want to eat. So yeah, basically, he has to read my mind and figure me out! It's a wonder he's marrying me soon!

-Kate (theflorkens.com) Launching 8.1.13

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

Slow walkers! GRRRR! I wrote part of a post about slow walkers at the mall, Lol.

Steph G said...

I can't stand whistling - mostly because I'm jealous that I can't whistle.

Kailagh Anne said...

Love lists like this, they make me feel less alone in the world. First though, hunger. UGH HONEY feed the animals. My friend gets its super bad. And I can't judge you, if someone didn't return my twilight books... people would be hurting.

xo. Kailagh

Admin said...

I want to to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely loved every little
bit of it. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff
you post…
Clovis1stcredit
CreditWaves