Monday, February 29, 2016

Pinterest Recipes I Tried and Loved

My goal for the month of February was to try two new recipes. I have all these recipes pinned on my "dinner" and "healthy snacks" board that just sit there and look pretty. Throughout the year I want to try new things every month - including recipes. Here's what I've tried recently.






Zucchini Pizza Poppers

I found this recipe from fellow blogger Krysten who writes at Dash of Herbs - a weight watchers friendly foodie blog. It's a recently new endeavor of hers, and I think she's doing a fantastic job. So many of the recipes she posts sound absolutely delicious - and they are generally a healthier alternative to something I would normally eat.

Firstly, I love anything pizza related so I knew I just had to make these. Secondly. these were so easy to make. Just slice the zucchini, add marinara, and sprinkle the cheese - bam you're done. Confession time: my husband really really does not like green vegetables. He will tolerate green beans and he really loves field peas, but anything else, he will just turn his nose up and add more mashed potatoes to his plate. When he tried these he said "They aren't that bad." That's a victory in my book.




Jalepeno Popper Dip

I found this browsing pinterest one day and knew it would be a huge hit. I enjoy spicy foods and my husband LOVES spicy foods. I first made it last year at our pumpkin carving party and it was a huge hit. The best thing about this dip is that you can alter the amount of peppers you use to vary the heat. We even made it one time with a habenero pepper thrown in and it was HOT but really flavorful.

I use neufchetel cheese rather than cream cheese and low fat plain greek yogurt rather than sour cream and it still tastes great, I also generally skip out on the parsley . I highly recommend this dip for your next party.
  



Cajun Pasta (O'Charley's Copycat)

I hadn't been to O'Charley's in years and at our new place, there's one less than five minutes away. I was really craving some good pasta one night but Olive Garden (my usual pasta go-to) was packed so we headed across the street to O'Charley's. I tried their cajun pasta with chicken and it was awesome. I immediately started scouring pinterest for a copycat recipe and found this one from food.com.

I usually cook the onions and peppers separately because even though I like jalepenos, I'm not a fan of a lot of peppers in my pasta. So I usually add more to derek's portion than to mine. I thought it would be hard to make but it's surprisingly easing and now one of my favorite meals to make. I usually add grilled chicken rather than shrimp.


stuffed french toastStuffed French Toast

A little over two years ago, I went on a family vacation with my mother-in-law's family. Me plus about 17 virtual strangers in one house on the beach for a week - it actually turned out to be a pretty awesome trip! One morning all the ladies went out to brunch at the cutest little restaurant called Maggie's European Bakery. (Side note: we actually went to celebrate Derek's little cousin's "first moon" which totally took me by surprise. I had no idea we were celebrating this special occasion until one of the aunts made a toast to the young lady "blossoming into womanhood." Anyone else had an experience like that?)

Back to the point: at Maggie's European Bakery, I ordered/ate the most delicious breakfast I've every had in my entire life - stuffed french toast filled with whipped cream cheese and blueberry spread. I seriously still dream about this amazing french toast but for some reason never have attempted it. This year on Valentine's Day, I decided to change that. I used blueberry plus whipped cream cheese mix for me and substituted honey in place of fruit for Derek. It was absolutely delicious, and using the waffle maker rather than a skillet was pure genius. 


What recipes have been a hit in your house recently? Suggestions are greatly appreciated - I love trying new things!

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the sweet words and feature. I'm also so glad that your husband loved them - getting boys to eat green veggies can be really challenging.

Jenn said...

These look good! I may have to try a few!

Jasmine @ The Jasmine Maria said...

I would love to try Stuffed French Toast since french toast is my favorite breakfast meal. lol

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for new recipes to try! Thanks for sharing this.

Unknown said...

All my friends are going on a diet/healthy eating kick, so I figured I might as join them because going to Bojangles is no fun by yourself! Those zucchini pizza bites look SO good - I'm definitely going to have to try those!

Taylor | Positively Taylor

Unknown said...

I love trying new Pinterest recipes, so thank you for sharing your reviews! I can't wait to try the French Toast!

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

never heard of celebrating a 'first moon'. that sounds a bit creepy lol. the stuffed french toast looks AMAZING.

The Southern Thing said...

That stuffed french toast sounds amazing. I'll be trying! Thanks for sharing!

Alex said...

I HAVE to try all of these!!

Currently Kelsie said...

Oh yum!!! I think that stuffed french toast sounds incredible!! I am totally going to try some of these. Thanks!!

Southern & Style said...

Love the zucchini recipe! Our garden in the summer overflows with those delicious veggies and I never know how to fix them all. I'm going to try this out for sure!

xoxo, SS

The Southern Stylista

Unknown said...

6.01llllllyuanbeats by dr dre
beats by dre
oakley sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
ray-ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses
hollister uk
lululemon outlet
rolex watches
mulberry handbags
mulberry bags
mulberry outlet
louis vuitton handbags
louis vuitton handbags
toms shoes
omega watches
ferragamo shoes
ferragamo shoes
kate spade handbags
kate spade uk
true religion uk
true religion jeans
true religion outlet
oakley sunglasses
tory burch outlet
burberry outlet
burberry outlet
burberry outlet
tory burch outlet
hollister clothing
replica watches
ralph lauren polo shirts
cheap nba jerseys
polo ralph lauren
ralph lauren uk
6.01

chenmeinv0 said...

prada handbags
true religion jeans outlet
true religion sale
oakley sunglasses
kate spade
nfl jerseys wholesale
adidas shoes
louboutin shoes
abercrombie and fitch
sac louis vuitton
hzx20170210

Unknown said...

ralph lauren polo
polo ralph lauren outlet
san antonio spurs jerseys
cheap oakley sunglasses
fitflops sale
browns jerseys
adidas nmd
polo ralph lauren outlet
cheap jordans
nike shoes

priya said...

avriq Desktop/Laptop Repair
avriq yellow pages
avriq bbb
avriq business services
avriq
avriq India