Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Awesome (and easy) chicken quesadillas


If you're anything like me, you are obsessed with really like Mexican food and you go out to your local Mexican restaurant any time you can, especially for birthdays because there's usually margaritas involved or at least some fried ice cream and an awesome hat. One of my Mexican favorites are chicken and cheese quesadillas, so I decided to make my own version. Here's what you'll need:

- One chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- Salsa of your choice
- Your favorite hot sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Olive oil (vegetable oil works too)
- Tortillas
*You can also add onions, bell peppers, jalapenos, or any other topping you like in your quesadillas. I would usually do this too, but I didn't have them on hand and didn't feel like going to the grocery store.

1. If you haven't already, cook your chicken breast and shred it. Or use chicken from a can. Either way works fine.
2. Lightly brush both sides of one tortilla with olive oil.
3. Layer hot sauce, salsa, cheese, and chicken on the tortilla you just coated with olive oil.


4. Add more cheese or salsa if you would like, then brush another tortilla with olive oil and put on top of the layers of yumminess you have created.
5. Cook on a non stick frying pan set to low heat. You'll want to cook it on each side for about a minute to a minute and a half. If you smell something burning, you may have left on that side too long. And be careful when you flip it, because some of the insides might try to come out on you.


When I was finished cooking it, I cut it like I would a pizza and added some sour cream and ate it like it was going out of style.


If you decide to make this or a similar rendition, let me know how it goes! TTFN