Thursday, October 18, 2012

Awkward/Awesome Thursday



Oh. My. Goodness. Readers, I can’t believe it’s been over a week since I’ve posted anything! I have been SO busy since I started working… I feel like I hardly even have time to breathe. 12 hour shifts are not for the faint-hearted, let me tell you. That is not to say that I don’t absolutely love my job, because I do. I know 100% that I was put on this earth to take care of people and make them feel better, even if it is only emotionally and not physically. However, getting up when it’s still dark outside has taken some getting used to (I’m working 7a to 7p) and getting home completely drained has left me with dishes in the sink on more nights than not, among many other things that I don’t have the energy or time to get done. But I’m finally taking advantage of my two off days this week and getting things accomplished. Since today is Thursday, and I didn't post last week, I’ll just leave you with my awkward and awesome little moments:

Awkward
- Calling someone by the wrong name at work. Multiple times.
- Someone speaking to me and not realizing it for about a full minute. They literally had to wave their hands in front of my face.
- The cashier at a fast food place telling me I had pretty eyelashes. That wasn't exactly the awkward part... it was when I replied "Thanks, their not from the store either!" and she just stares and me like

Awesome
- Having a patient tell me I'm pretty every morning :).
- Feeding giraffes at the zoo!
- Finally being able to watch TV at my apartment. Hallelujah! 

Sorry I can't think of too many things... my brain has been mush recently. But here's some fun zoo pictures!

The jaguar was pretty friendly, one guy tried to pet him.

Up close and personal with the giraffes.

Feeding the giraffes!

Mama and baby from up in the sky lift. I may have been a little obsessed with the giraffes.

Little birdies inside the aviary.

"No endeavor that is worthwhile is simple in prospect; if it is right, it will be simple in retrospect." --Edward Teller