Monday, February 18, 2013

Kowaliga Idol and a Blate

Heller there blog loves! I'm hoping you're all having a fantabulous Monday morning. I know I sure am after my weekend full of shenanigans.

Friday night, I got off work and we headed straight to good ole Rodeo Club at Lake Martin for Kowaliga Idol (that's pronounced kah-lie-ja). Its pretty much the same as American Idol except its held at a smokey bar in the middle of no where. Which may or may not make it better. Our good friend Wes was competing in it and we went to support him.

*Side note: Kowaliga Idol 2012 is when Derek and I started seeing each other as more than friends, awwww.

So we went, and we danced, and we sang, and we drank, and we danced. It was so much fun. I haven't gone out and not acted like a grandma since I don't know when. As we all knew he would, Wes was chosen to move on to the next round. Sadly I won't be able to watch next time since I'll hae work in the AM but I'll be there in spirit.
Of course we decided to do the smart thing and take pictures after hours of dancing, when we looked our best.
Saturday we hung around the lake house until lunch then made our way to Oskar's, a lunch tradition when we stay there.
Looking out the back door. I want to stay here forever.
 
It was such a gorgeous day outside.

 

Saturday night we went out to our local hole-in-the wall where I reverted back to my grandma ways and was ready to be home before we got there. But all in all we had a good time.

Sunday was my favorite day of the weekend because 1) I got to sleep in and 2) I got to go on a long-overdue blate with Morgan. I call it a blate because, obvi she is a blogger but in real life she is one of my very best friends. We spent two hours a day in a car together for three semesters of nursing school, and you can't help but love someone after spending that much time together.

We went to our usual and favorite Mexican restaurant where we chowed down and caught up on each others' lives.
 
I finished off the weekend with this gorgeous delicious salad and killing zombies with my boo thang.
 

 
 

7 comments:

Sami said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Blates and mexican sound great to me! Thanks for linking up girl :)

Unknown said...

nike blazer pas cher
baltimore ravens jerseys
nike huarache trainers
supra shoes sale
bears jerseys
new balance shoes
kate spade outlet
saics running shoes
hermes belt
michael kors handbags

Unknown said...

Kanye West shoes
michael kors handbags
cheap mlb jerseys
kobe basketball shoes
van cleef
chrome hearts
derrick rose shoes
jordan shoes
nike air presto
converse outlet

Unknown said...

hugo boss outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap basketball shoes
salomon shoes
cheap jordan shoes
supreme clothing
cheap jordans
ray ban sunglasses
new york jets jerseys
nike trainers

Unknown said...

20180423xiaoke
adidas outlet
polo outlet
adidas uk
ugg outlet online
coach outlet
pandora outlet
air max 90
canada goose jackets
denver broncos jerseys
prada shoes for men

Unknown said...

ray ban sunglasses
yeezy 500 blush
nike air zoom structure 19
hermes belt
michael kors outlet
balenciaga sneakers
kobe 11
tom ford sunglasses
golden goose
michael kors handbags

jeje said...

xiajinyi
Afin de minimiser l'érosion chimique, il ne peut pas être écrasé pendant une asics basket de ville période prolongée et devra laver la mousse immédiatement à l'eau froide. Il y a beaucoup d'autres marques aussi. Découvrez quelles sont les solutions qui s'offrent à vous dans votre plan de dépenses, ou quels seront vos fonds pour trouver l'argent qui vous convient pour votre robe sur mesure. L'orthèse guidera votre pied et votre jambe et le gardera en ligne. Sur le côté de la Nike Dunk Mario chaussure new balance course a pied serait le personnage célèbre, avec son bonnet rouge, sa moustache et ses gants blancs. La colle Loctite GO2 est compatible avec de nombreux matériaux poreux et non poreux comme le béton, l'aluminium, le verre, les carreaux, l'acier inoxydable, le bois, la céramique, le cuivre, le liège, le laiton, les surfaces vernies, le cuir, le polyester renforcé de fibre de verre , acier, polycarbonate, Asics Chaussures miroirs, pierres naturelles, forme polystyrène et zinc.