Thursday, April 25, 2013

50 Questions to Free Your Mind: Part 1

Hey there pretties! A few days ago I started a list of 101 goals to complete in 1001 days. I have seen a lot of other bloggers with these lists of goals and decided it would be something fun to try to finish. Don't worry, I plan on posting the complete list in a few days. But for now I'm going to work on one of the goals, which is to answer the 50 Questions that will Free Your Mind. I decided to do it in segments because these are some pretty deep questions.

According to the website, there are no wrong or right answers to any of these questions. They are merely questions that are supposed to get you thinking.



1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?
Starting out tough. I don't really understand exactly what this question is asking but I'll give it my best shot. A lot of people are surprised when I tell them my age, as in they think I'm older (I get anywhere from 25 to 28) than I really am. Also, I feel like I act a lot older than a lot of people my age. I've graduated college, have a stable career, and am working on buying my own home. So if I had to pin a number on it, I would say 25. I don't know.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
I feel like I should answer never trying. I mean it seems like the right answer, right? But I have failed, and the feeling of failure is absolutely devastating and I would never wish it on anyone. And if you never did it in the first place, then you wouldn't know that feeling. But if you lived like that, would you ever get anywhere in life? Probably not. So I guess what really matters is that if you do fail, you have to try again. Get back up, brush ya shoulders off, and do tha dang thing.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do?
I think we do things that we don't enjoy because we all have responsibilities. Whether it's picking our dog's poop up or going to work every day, if we didn't do these things then the world would be pretty crappy, if you ask me. As for liking things we don't do? I can't really answer that. I think we all have things that we would love to do but really don't have the time or money to do. I think life is about finding a balance in doing the things we have to do, so that we are able to do the things we want to do.

4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done?
Yes, unfortunately so. I hate to admit it, but there are things that I've said I will do, that just haven't happened. Sometimes it's because I'm being lazy, and sometimes its because that certain thing is just impossible to do. I think everyone has said or will say more than they do. And I think that's okay.

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world.
The economy? Poverty? Hate? Can we make it easier to travel? Can we all have the same currency? Can there be just one language? Can't we all just get along?

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Definitely spending time with people I love. Whether we're just sitting around "being" together, or doing something fun, like vacationing, playing sports, shopping, there is nothing that beats spending time with awesome people.

7. Are you doing what you believe in or are you settling for what you are doing?
If I were to live the rest of my life exactly the way I'm living it now, then yes, I would be settling. But I have oh so many plans for my future, and I know that this moment is just a temporary phase. I mean, I'm starting school again in less than one month (eeep!) and I'm saving to buy a house, and so much more, I know I won't be settling and I'll get everything I want/deserve/work for.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Uhhh... well shoot that means my life is already half way over. So screw the better job, the dream house, and whatnot and let me travel! Haha but really, I don't know... that is such a tough question.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I feel like I have controlled pretty much all of my life. I never had the kind of parents that "pushed" me into making decisions I didn't want to do (or maybe I was just so stubborn that I was going to do what I wanted either way) but all of the decisions I have made about my life have been my own, and I have been the one to deal with the consequences of the bad ones I have made, and I have been the one to learn from those bad decisions and learn to make the right ones. With any decision, however,  there is a lot of prayer, and asking for advice from my loved ones to help me in choosing what is best for me and my future.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I would like to think that I am more worried about doing the right thing. If we all did the wrong things the right way, aren't they still the wrong things? Does that make sense? My brain hurts.

Whoo those were some doozies. But they did definitely get my gears a-turnin' and got me thinking some pretty deep thoughts. I hope all of my answers made sense, sometimes it's hard to put feelings into words and whatnot.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I really enjoyed this and I might actually steal it and do it on my own blog (crediting you of course!) It's a great way to get to know bloggers better and it really makes you "think".

Unknown said...

WHOA! Those are some questions...and I agree with Rachel above there :) I'm a new follower and would love it if you checked out and followed my blog too :)

Celena
http://mystayathomemamalife.blogspot.com/

jeje said...

xiajinyi
Les escargots sécrètent ce liquide sous tension pour réparer rapidement les dommages basket nike air max 90 leather premium à leur peau ou à leur coquille. Je vais utiliser la 3ème définition Nike Shox Navina, caractérisée par l'originalité et l'expressivité. être la principale caractéristique avec les baskets de sport, ce qui signifie souvent abandonner la stabilité ou un effet d'amortissement.En tant qu'ennemi de la durabilité, léger peut rendre les chaussures légères extrêmes être rapidement oublié par les personnes.Mais la plus grande caractéristique de mousse Lunarlite est-il Les athlètes qui ont essayé des baskets d'échantillons LunarGlide ont déclaré que Lunar les rend incapables de se tenir pour aller travailler. Et je suis fier de dire que chacune des chaussures et des vêtements Nike sont impressionnants. Tout au long de ses décennies, Nike a été connu comme une entreprise progressive. À partir de air jordan 11 retro low blanc noir septembre 2007, Huawei a persuadé 7000 employés qui travaillent depuis plus de 8 ans avec Huawei de démissionner.