Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Places I want to visit

Okay, I really had ya'll fooled thinking I was well traveled. Because in reality, I'm not. In my "Never have I ever" post I said I hadn't been north of the Mason/Dixon line, and that's the truth. The furthest north I've been has been to D.C. and haven't been any further west than Austin, Texas (where I was born). I plan to change all of this... one day. Since I'm not in a financial state to cross all of my travel goals off of my list at the moment I'll just give you a short preview of places I plan to go.
 
Rio De Janerio, Brazil
Rio is famous for the Cristo Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue pictured above. Also famous for its beaches, such as Copacabana, Ipanema, and Abricó, which is a nude beach. Some exciting things going down in Rio in the future: the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Summer Olympics. Rio is full of so much culture and history, and is definitely on top of my "to-travel" list.

Koh Lipe, Thailand
Koh Lipe is an island off the southern coast of Thailand and is one of 51 islands that make up Tarutao National Park. It has three main beaches and is famous for it's relaxed and laid back atmosphere. You can choose to visit for a day, riding the ferry from the mainland, or book your whole stay at a resort. Koh Lipe has some awesome snorkeling right off the beaches, but you can also charter a boat to some neighboring islands for more wildlife to look at.


Auckland, New Zealand
Auckland is in the northern peninsula of New Zealand and is it's largest metropolitan city. One of the coolest things about this area is you can literally walk from one side of the country to the other. The 16 km hike will take you through parks, historic parts of the city, and volcano summits. In addition to hiking and other outdoorsy things, Auckland is filled with open air markets, streetside cafes, and numerous wineries. I'm already in the process of planning my permanent move next vacation here.


Linking up with Helene for Travel Tuesday.
 

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree about those islands in Thailand. I lived in Bangkok for a summer and also got to Chiang Mai and Cambodia, but missed the whole beaches and island circuit. Would love to go back.

Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose
Travel tuesday: 'Athens, Greece'

Lindsey said...

I second that list!!

Melanie Fontaine said...

Those are three places that I would love to visit as well! Especially Thailand - it's right on top of my travel list at the moment and if everything goes according to plan I'm going next year. Hope you get to go to all your dream destinations as soon as possible! :)

xx

Kaylin said...

I've been to Auckland and Rio....But and DYING to go to Thailand.

I think you should start in New Zealand. It's an easy back kind of living for sure.

Also over at my blog, you can read about my trip to South America, I just got back ten days ago!

Morgan said...

So we're pretty much twins because my post today is about where I want to travel!

Jess said...

New Zealand seems like it is one of the most beautiful places in the entire world- definitely right at the top of my list too!

My Travel Tuesday Post
Jess

Jenn @ Lost in the Right Direction said...

Definitely looks like some great places to go :)

Brooke said...

Rio looks so beautiful! I have never visited-But I love to travel! I seem to mostly travel close to home-Guess I am kind of scared to voyage to far away!


I am a nurse too! What department do you work in?


=) Brooke

A Life Less Traveled said...

Both Thailand and New Zealand are on my travel list. I have yet to make it past the Caribbean, but I really would love to see as much of the world as possible. Just stumbled onto your blog and really enjoying your posts. I just started a blog not too long ago.

Denise

chenmeinv0 said...

cheap toms shoes
ray ban sunglasses
cheap uggs
canada goose outlet
nike trainers women
fitflop shoes
mcm bags
ralph lauren
rolex watches
hollister clothing
hzx20170210

Unknown said...

coach outlet
jordan shoes
coach outlet
moncler outlet
pandora charms
jordan 8
ray ban sunglasses outlet
nike blazer
oakley sunglasses
cheap nfl jerseys
20170424alice0589

raybanoutlet001 said...

converse shoes
new england patriots jerseys
oakley sunglasses
kobe 9 elite
new orleans saints jerseys
ugg outlet
nike outlet
hollister
nike blazer pas cher
michael kors handbags

adidas nmd said...

ralph lauren outlet
saics running shoes
ralph lauren
montblanc pens
nike outlet store
cheap ray ban sunglasses
browns jerseys
coach outlet
air force 1 shoes
ralph lauren outlet

Unknown said...

hugo boss outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap basketball shoes
salomon shoes
cheap jordan shoes
supreme clothing
cheap jordans
ray ban sunglasses
new york jets jerseys
nike trainers

Unknown said...

20180423xiaoke
adidas outlet
polo outlet
adidas uk
ugg outlet online
coach outlet
pandora outlet
air max 90
canada goose jackets
denver broncos jerseys
prada shoes for men