Tuesday, April 23, 2013

That time I went to DC and didn't tell my parents

Yeah. I did that. Flew from Atlanta to Baltimore at the ripe age of 19 without telling my parents. Whoops. Just kidding, I actually told my mom when I was in the terminal and my Dad... well I'm still not sure if he knows about it.

I went to visit one of my very best friends from High School, who was going to college at the Naval Academy in Annapolis. I flew out of Atlanta eeeeaarrlly Saturday morning and landed in Baltimore a little before lunch. Since it was a little over a thirty minute drive to Annapolis, I decided it would be better to rent a car than to take a taxi or bus. I had paid for the car and made all the arrangements before hand and when I went to the rental place, all I had to do was show my ID and sign the papers. ONE little problem though...you have to be 21 to legally rent a car. I was 19. The salesman was like, sorry 'bout it, and pretty much blew me off. Aw hail naw. I pitched the biatch fit of all biatch fits and long story short, got the car.

The Harbor

After walking around the harbor for a little while, we got lunch. My first time trying sushi!

What was I thinking before? This shiz changed my life.

We then made our way to the Naval Academy campus.
 
This chapel is on the campus, and on graduation day has wedding after wedding, since the students aren't allowed to be married while at school (I think?) so they all line up after graduation to be married.
 
The next day we ventured to D.C. since I had never been. We saw all of the usual sights and monuments.
Capitol Building
 
Washington Monument
 
Lincoln Memorial. This was as close as we got. Those stairs did not look fun.
 
A mask inside the Native American museum where we ate lunch.
 
We had such a great time walking around and seeing everything.
 
The only time we saw the White House was in our crazy taxi ride home. If we didn't leave soon, we I would miss my flight and that would have been bad. So instead of walking the five miles back to the car, we took a cab. Worst. Decision. Ever. This man was a lunatic and I swear we were almost killed on at least three occasions.
 
My "driving in an unfamiliar town during rush hour" face.
 
In the end, I made my flight home and made it back to Alabama in once piece. It was a great weekend trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Annapolis is such a charming town. And of course there is so much more that I want to see and do in D.C. (hello Georgetown Cupcakes). Needless to say, I'm sure there will be a return trip in my future.
 
Linking up with Helene and Lisette. Happy Tuesday!
 
 

10 comments:

Jenn @ Lost in the Right Direction said...

LOVE DC and Annapolis :) I was actually just in DC last week :) and OMG Georgetown cupcakes, best thing EVER!

Nikki said...

um this is perfect as I leave for DC for the first time on Friday! Yes, Georgetown Cupcakes is being added to the list!

Helene said...

not sure if my comment posted but... im trying again. LOVE dc and love that you got your rental car. haha!

Autumn @ The Unreal Life said...

Love it. I feel like you and I would be good friends =)

Becky said...

I've never actually been to Annapolis even though I've lived near DC for so long! You definitely have to come back for Georgetown cupcake!! And all the shopping!!

Anonymous said...

Haha! You rebel you! I once flew from Baltimore to CT without telling my parents at 21. LOL.

Unknown said...

louis vuitton
iphone case uk
michael kors outlet clearance
tory burch outlet
beats by dre
christian louboutin
hermes birkin
cheap ray bans
christian louboutin outlet
coach factory outlet
20170123caihuali

Unknown said...

true religion outlet
links of london
nike roshe run
nike huarache
longchamp handbags
michael kors outlet
michael jordan shoes
kobe bryant shoes
nike huarache
michael kors outlet

raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap uggs
ugg outlet
pandora outlet
cheap nike shoes
versace shoes
atlanta falcons jersey
christian louboutin shoes
omega watches
cheap nike shoes sale
mbt shoes online

adidas nmd said...

kansas city chiefs jerseys
ed hardy uk
texans jerseys
michael kors handbags
detroit lions jerseys
hugo boss
nike air max 90
dolce and gabbana outlet
nike factory outlet
michael kors handbags