Friday, May 31, 2013

Beach Bag Essentials



Every time I go to the beach, there are a few favorite essentials that always go with me. Otherwise it's just not a proper beach trip.

beach bag


1. Lately (as in ever since I tried them) I have been loving me some banana chips. They are so yummy and the perfect snack for the beach. But be sure to pack them in a Ziploc bag or some other kind of re-sealable container so they don't get all sandy.

2. Obviously I'm going to need a bag to carry all of this junk in. I'm loving this one from Victoria's Secret.

3. After getting sunburned on my scalp one time, I always try to take a hat of some kind to protect my head and my face. I love big floppy ones, but a cute monogrammed cap would work too!

4. I wear sunnies even if the sun is not shining. Not really. But I always have them around. When I go to the beach, I tend to wear a cheaper pair, so they don't get lost in the ocean or scratched by sand.

5. Sunscreen. This doesn't even need an explanation. WEAR SUNSCREEN WHEN YOU'RE IN THE SUN. I don't care if you're one of those people who "don't burn" you still need protection from the sun's rays to, ya know, prevent skin cancer. It's a serious issue people.

6. Water bottle. Again a big "duh" because you've gotta stay hydrated. And these filtered bottles are great but a plain ole plastic water bottle from the grocery store is fine too.

7. I always brink my nook (or a regular book) with me to the beach, especially when Derek brings his jet ski. He usually rides for at least 30-45 minutes at a time and that's a long time to be doing nothing.

8. Of course I have my cell phone with me, how else would I instagram pictures of myself laying out with the ocean in the background?

^Case in point^

9. Ok so I don't actually carry a bathing suit in my bag, but I wear one when I go to the beach. I tend to gravitate toward tops that are supportive, but also have removable straps. I hate tan lines on my upper chest. Also I like bottoms that cover my whole booty.

What are your favorite beach essentials?

Pin this post!  

9 comments:

Heather T. said...

Nominated you for a Liebster award! Head on over to my blog and check it out!

www.sarcasmandstilettos.com

- Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Those banana chips sound really good! I'm going to have to try and find some.
Of course I adore the bag you chose - I really need to get something like that.
Love your favorites!
Stopping by from Friday Favorites :D

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I have a sick obsession with sun hats. I have a zillion!

Unknown said...

I am definitely into wide brimmed hats this summer. In my old age I'm more worried about wrinkles than a tan!

Kathryn Clark said...

My hat, water, and a book/e-reader are my must haves.....and definitely a good sunscreen. I don't want a fun day in the sun ruined by being miserably sunburned.

Sara Elizabeth said...

yumm banana chips are my fav too! All of these are my essentials too!

~Anchored In Christ~ said...

I'm in desperate need of a beach trip. I may have to try banana chips since I love banana's here lately. :D

Would love to see you stop by and link up with me.stop by & share with your blog friends. http://pinkowl07.blogspot.com/2013/04/hop-around-with-shana-laney.html

Amie said...

Love that bag from Victoria Secret, super cute for summer!

Unknown said...

zzzzz2018.6.12
louboutin shoes
moncler jackets
moncler jackets
nike roshe
nike requin pas cher
canada goose outlet
fitflops sale clearance
canada goose outlet
ray ban sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses