Friday, May 10, 2013

I usually don't blush, but...

There was this one time that I was very, very embarrassed. Mortified would probably be a better word.

Back in the day (high school) the guy I dated raced dirtbikes/fourwheelers. He travelled with his family on weekends to race in these races and a few times I joined and we all stayed in their camper and had a great time. We did normal things that normal people do while staying in a camper: grilled out, roasted marshmallows, slept uncomfortably, and walked in on people taking a shadoobie. Wait, you don't do that?

Okay let me lay out the setting for you. I'm 16. I'm staying in a camper with my boyfriend's parents and brother. I am doing everything I can to keep some sort of privacy. I mean I  haven't pooped in over 24 hours because I just don't want to do that in such a small space around people I don't know like that. So I had the bright idea to wait until everyone was watching races and use the bathroom when no one was around. Someone else had that very same idea. So I just walk into the camper, mosey on back to the bathroom, open the door, and BAM there's my bf's dad hanging out on the John with his pants around his ankles. Apologies were made and he made a joke about knocking first, but I knew I would never look at him the same way again.

Mortifying. But wait. There's more.

Oh you thought it couldn't get any worse than walking in on your high school boyfriend's dad sitting on the porcelain throne? It can, my friends. It can.

Later that night (or maybe it was the next day, I try not to think about it often) I decided I wanted a shower, but didn't want to use the shower house (they were gross). So la dee da I'm in the shower just washin' mah hair and la dee da I'm done with my shower. As I slide the door open and reach for the towel, the bathroom door swings open and THERE IS HIS DAD seeing me in all of my glory. I scream, he screams louder, slams the door shut and our relationship is forever changed.

I should have taken this as a sign from the gods then that me and this guy weren't meant to be together. I mean, how can two separately but equally mortifying events happen to one person in the same 24 hours?

Moral of the story: don't go into a bathroom that isn't yours without knocking first. Period. End of story. Thanks.

Oh yeah... its Friday, time to back that azz up for the weekend!

10 comments:

BREI said...

Oh honey! That just sucks!

Rachel said...

That's hilarious and awkward! At least you can laugh about it now :)

Alex[andra] said...

Hahaha, oh my goddness. I'm so sorry for laughing, but I couldn't help it. Really, I didn't think it could get any worse, but it did. I hope you never have to see his father again!

Morgan said...

Oh my that is the worst! I would have been mortified too

SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

Holy horrifying.

Alissa said...

STOP. Nononononono. I'm dying from secondhand embarrassment for you. Dying.

My high school boyfriend's father was a hottie. He walked out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist after a shower and I saw part of it drop.

What a beautiful man...haha

Faith B said...

Bahahaha... I know this post is old but I'm just reading it now.

My one question - WHY WASN'T THE DOOR LOCKED?!?! haha

raybanoutlet001 said...

converse shoes
new england patriots jerseys
oakley sunglasses
kobe 9 elite
new orleans saints jerseys
ugg outlet
nike outlet
hollister
nike blazer pas cher
michael kors handbags

adidas nmd said...

oakland raiders jerseys
cheap nfl jerseys
skechers shoes
longchamp le pliage
pandora outlet
nike roshe
fitflops sale
ray ban sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
coach outlet online

Unknown said...

Kanye West shoes
michael kors handbags
cheap mlb jerseys
kobe basketball shoes
van cleef
chrome hearts
derrick rose shoes
jordan shoes
nike air presto
converse outlet