Monday, June 17, 2013

Dad Shenans

So I am not really in the mood for post-writing at the moment. Maybe because I've been staring at a computer screen for 6+ hours doing homework, paperwork, project work. Whatever you want to call it. Not fun at all. My weekend though? TONS of fun.
 
I'm not counting Friday, because I worked until midnight, then came home and passed out.
 
Saturday, Derek and I went on a lunch "date" to our favorite wing place, then drove down to my parents house to celebrate father's day/my dad's birthday, which is actually today. He turns 50. I'm not sure how okay he is with me sharing that info, but there it is. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! I love you to the moon and back and was so happy to be able to visit you.

Us at my pinning ceremony last year.

We spent the afternoon hanging out with some good company, cooking some good food, and just having a good ole time. We spent a couple hours playing my favorite dice game, Zonk. I don't know if any of you know how to play it but I've been doing it since I was about 13 with my parents and all of their friend. Its like Yhatzee + Poker + Beer + Great friends + lots of laughs and you can't beat it.
 
Me on the left, dominating per usual.
 
After church with my family Sunday, we headed back home so Derek could spend some quality time with his dad and I could spend some quality time with my computer and school books. En route, we decided it would be a good time for some ice cream, so we stopped and got some. When we got back in the car, my car wouldn't crank. We spent about 7 minutes scratching our heads and Derek did some looking under the hood. Finally we just called his parents to come get us. Not even thirty seconds later, we gave it one more shot and it miraculously cranked. I haven't had any problems since then but we are taking it to get looked at, just in case.
 
Did you have a good time celebrating the men in your life this weekend?
 
Be sure to check out this Blogiversary giveaway for Kaeley!
 
 photo signurature_zpsfdb16b28.png

4 comments:

Cotton and Boots said...

I'm dying to know how you play Zonk! I always love finding new games.

Happy you had such an amazing weekend! Hope your car doesn't give you too much more trouble.

brooke lyn said...

always the right time for ice cream!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm gonna need the rules for Zonk! I'm a sucker for games. Stopping by from Mingle Monday!

Staci said...

I think it's officially time for you to do a whole blog post about Zonk!