Monday, July 1, 2013

What felt like my first weekend off in forever

This was seriously the first weekend I felt like I had "off" in FOREVER. Even though I've had weekends where I didn't have to work, they were filled with plans that usually involved a good bit of traveling and visiting and being busy, which was great, but this weekend I didn't want to do anything, so I didn't (besides homework). And it was amazing.

Friday I had to work, which was okay. I filled my break time with weird doodles, which were sent to Derek for entertainment purposes. I'm sure he enjoyed them. As I was headed home, Derek suggested meeting me in town for sushi, which was fine by me! After work dates are still dates in my book. Even if I look a hot mess in my scrubs and nappy pony tail.

 
 After playing a few rounds of "I don't know, what do you want to do?" We finally decided to head to the river. It was only a 40% chance of rain, we should be okay (so he said). Well after about an hour of cruising, a nice storm cell came through. We waited it out under a bridge with a few middle agers who thought they were still in college. Cool. We also saw a boat in the process of being un-sunk and I finished this awesome book (look for a review soon).
 
 
After spending a ridiculous amount of time (around two hours) looking for my flash drive (which ended up being at Starbucks) I spent the majority of Sunday doing homework. One paper, and two care plans later, I can say I was exhausted. Good news: class is on the 4th this week so besides my clinicals, I don't have class!!! (It's the little things, y'all.) And I've decided to not work any days between Thursday and Saturday so I can have a propah Fourth of July Celebration (think jorts, tank tops, time on the lake, and American Flag Budweisers).
 
 
I hope everyone had an absolutely fabulous weekend. Link up with Sami so I can go read all about it!

 photo signurature_zpsfdb16b28.png
 

15 comments:

Tami said...

So jealous of your boating adventure! Glad you got some time to reelaxxx

Jackie said...

I don't miss writing up nursing care plans. At all.

Kaeley said...

Ahh...I so want to go boating!!

Jay T said...

I love those kinds of weekends! I totally know what you mean, there's something so much more relaxing about a weekend where nothing is planned. I'm anxious to read your review of that book! I read her book "The Castaways" and I really liked it.

Victoria said...

fun yet productive weekend :)

cute blog!!

Helene said...

the do nothing weekends are always the best!!

Anonymous said...

So lucky to go on a boating trip!

Heather Marie said...

yay for weekends off.. boo for the rain.. boo for homework :) overall I would say a successful weekend! cant wait to hear your book review on a beautiful day! I am always looking for more books :)

brooke lyn said...

boo for rain. cheers for sushi. always cheer for sushi!

Amie said...

I've had plenty of dates in my scrubs, don't worry, they still count! And enjoy your long weekend, yeah for no class!

Z@KickingKilos said...

wow, looks lovely. Its too lovely, seeems like a movie actuality!

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

After work dates defnitely count! Sometimes you just gotta get a date in where you can! :)

Kelly said...

That date certainly counts and I hope you have a great 4th!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
Don't forget about the switch to BlogLovin!

Anonymous said...

Yes, after work dates absolutely do count! :) New follower here from the Mingle Monday--

http://secondchances-ash.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

That doodle is SO cute! Glad you had a great after-work date - those are totally still dates! :) Glad you had a great weekend!