Friday, February 19, 2016

Ten Truths of Living with Cats

If you're a cat owner, you know these things are true!



1. Hair everywhere
I now own more lent rollers than at any other point in my life combined. Even if I wash, immediately fold/hang up my clothes, they still have hair all over them. Forget about getting it off fleece or black yoga pants. Ain't gonna happen.

2. Scratching everything
Oh, you bought a cute new piece of accent furniture, let me just break it in by scratching the heck out of it until the upholstery is in shreds.

4. They are why I can't have nice things
Coffee mugs, indoor plants, picture frames - if it's nice, they'll find a way to knock it over or break it.


We had that plant less than three days before total wreckage happened. 

5. Falling asleep on your lap
Yeah, it's cute. But eventually you've got to get up and be productive. Or use the bathroom. And they act so offended when you want to move them off your lap.


My coffee got cold and I couldn't heat it up because she fell asleep right there. Oh, and I had to pee. 

6. They would rather play with anything they aren't supposed to play with
I see you got me a cut mouse on a string or a ball filled with catnip... I really appreciate it, but you shouldn't have. Because I just got done destroying your favorite pair of ear phones.

7. Typing or moving the mouse is a no go when they're around
Fast moving fingers? Pounce! Moving pointer on the computer screen? Let me boop that real quickly. Other cats on the TV screen? Gotta check them out!

8. Staring/meowing at non-existent things (or ghosts)
Nothing freaks me out more than when my cat randomly stares at the corner of my living room or keeps meowing to go inside a room where the door has been closed.


But really, what the heck are you staring at??

9. Watching you shower/use the bathroom/do other things cats shouldn't see
It never fails, if I leave the door open when I get in the shower, I'm going to have an audience for the entire show. 

10. Unconditional love
There really isn't anything that compares to a cat's love and snuggles. They may be a pain in my you-know-what on most days, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. 



I love these babies so much, even if they're assholes most of the time. 

What is something you know only a cat (or any pet) owner would understand?

13 comments:

Jay T said...

I WANT A CAT SO BADLY. basically everything except the scratching one is the same with the two dogs we already have, so I pretty much understand everything and now I need a cat even more.

Unknown said...

This post was perfection and so hilarious! Every single one was so so true, I have 3 cats and they are my babies but they can be a pain in the butt! Everyone comments on the cat hair that follows me everywhere even when I've used a lint roller and they follow me everywhere. I love them more than anything in the world though

La Belle Sirene

Unknown said...

Every single one of these is true! I love my 3 cats, but they can really be a pain in the butt. However, I can't imagine life without them!

Jessica Reyna Brogan said...

We have more cats than I would like to admit and we're always saying what inconsiderate roommates they are. Cats make the worst people!!!

Ashten @ Just Go Left said...

Funny, many of these things fit what it's like to have a Gatsby!!

Your cats are just precious. So glad you've found some furry kids to fill your life!

Macy V said...

hahah this list is the most true thing ever!! Our cat LOVES to attack our feet when we are in bed, so we have to keep the sheets tucked in at all times. Sometimes we forget though and end up with 8 scratches up to our ankles.

Kristen @ See You In A Porridge said...

hahaha this is hilarious and so true - although thankfully not number 2 for me, my cats don't scratch anything they are not supposed to (unless we lock them in a room with carpet, then they scratch the carpet in protest, so we don't lock them in a room lol) but everything else yes. seriously though it is so weird and scary when my cats meow at the wall at like 11 at night. WHY?!

Michelle said...

I loved reading this! We have 4 cats and they all do ridiculous things but I love them all so much! My biggest complaint? Being woken up in the morning with whacks to the face to be fed...and did I mention that we're talking 4 am? So not time to get up, Miss Cat. One of the funniest things is that one of the dogs has taken it upon himself to let me know whenever a cat is at the door...he actually whines and comes to get me to make sure I know they are waiting.

chenmeinv0 said...

nike air max
oakley sunglasses
air jordans
ed hardy
moncler jackets
abercrombie and fitch
michael kors tote bag
louis vuitton
louis vuitton outlet
uggs pas cher
hzx20170210

Unknown said...

cheap nike shoes sale
ugg boots
coach outlet
ugg outlet
coach outlet
air jordan uk
saints jerseys
gucci sito ufficiale
michael kors uk
jordan shoes

jeje said...

reebok outlet
adidas eqt support adv
kd shoes
chrome hearts online
adidas neo
ultra boost
converse outlet store
golden goose sneakers
kobe basketball shoes
chrome hearts outlet

jeje said...

nike air jordan 1 retro high chicago Et les costumes? asics gel lyte 3 homme Lorsque vous programmez une occasion d'Halloween à thème, alors vous devrez trouver le meilleur costume pour ce sujet air jordan pour femme noir et rose précis. Vous devriez persister dans cette prise en compte lors du choix des Air Jordan 14 France chaussures Geox inhabituelles que vous souhaitez qui est en tête de l'activité que Air Jordan 3 Baskets vous allez mettre sur eux.Pour ajouter la commodité et la tendance à vos pieds chaussures homme nike air max tavas de chien, vous pouvez acheter les chaussures jolies et modernes qui sont facilement adidas zx flux homme jaune disponibles ces derniers temps sur le marché. Sur Internet, les entreprises de chaussures sont définitivement là asics gel lyte v femme blanc pour rester.

good days said...


تنظيف خزانات
تقدم لكم من خلال افضل المواد والادوات المستخدمة