Wednesday, March 6, 2013

First things first

This week's firsts:
1. First speeding ticket or traffic violation
2. First BIG accomplishment you're proud of
3. First thing you usually reach for in the fridge
 I love finding new, fun link ups! Technically I was supposed to post this yesterday but since the link up is still open, I decided to join in today! Linking up with Robin.
 
1. The first speeding ticket I was ever a part of was when I was 16 and my boyfriend was trying to get me home before curfew (which was something ridiculous like 8 pm). We left and were going to be about five minutes late, but I had already been in trouble that week for missing curfew so I told him he better hurry or we wouldn't be able to hang out again the rest of the week. So of course, about three minutes away from home, we see the flashing blue lights and the State Trooper pulls us over. Now not only did we get a ticket, but every cop in that tiny town just had to stop and "help out" so it looked like we were getting busted for selling drugs or something. Long story short, I still missed curfew and was grounded for a week.
 
2. My first BIG accomplishment was being able to buy my own vehicle. Not many 16 year olds can say that they were able to purchase their first car 100% on their own. But I started working when I was 14 at my parents restaurant after school. I saved almost every penny I owned and was able to buy a 1997 Chevy Blazer. Now, it wasn't the prettiest thing around, and the gas gauge didn't work, but she was all mine.
 
3. The first thing I always reach for in the fridge are grapes. That may not always be my intention, but they're just sitting there so pretty and yummy-looking that I always plop one or two in my mouth before I grab what I was intending to grab.
 
Happy Hump Day!